How to Configure Vsphere Replication 5.8
How to start:
Architect your environment. To keep it simple, I created two sites. One called DC and one called Miami.
1 esxi host at 10.1.1.1
1 vcenter appliance with an ip of 10.1.1.10
1 replication appliance with an ip of 10.1.1.11
1 esxi host at 10.1.1.2
1 vcenter appliance at 10.1.1.20
1 replication appliance with an ip of 10.1.1.21
1. Install and configure your esxi host in your protected site
2. Install and configure your vcenter server in your protected site. Configure your Datacenter and add the esxi host to it.
3. Connect to your vcenter server with the web client and deploy your replication appliance via ovf
4. Log out of the web client and log in again. In the home page, you should see the replication icon.
5. If you want, connect to the ip address of the vsphere replication appliance using port 5480
6. Install and configure your esxi host in your recovery site
7. Install and configure your vcenter server in your recovery site
8. Deploy your replication appliance via ovf using the web client
9. Log out the web client and log in again. You should see the replication icon in place
10. In your protected site, pair up your local replication appliance to the remote
11. Right click on the vm to replicate and select Configure Replication
12. On the recovery site, open up the datastore that contains the shadow vm and verify that your have a new directory with the vmdk and -flat.vmdk files.
Vsphere Replication Recovery.
1. In the Production Site, stop the vm to recover
2. Using the web client on the Recovery Site, click on home and then click on the Replication icon
3. Click on the Monitor tab
5. Right click on the vm to recover and select Recovery
6. Follow the wizard